- Democracy Now!’s War and Peace Report provides our audience with access to people and perspectives rarely heard in the
U.S.corporate-sponsored media, including independent and international journalists, ordinary people from around the world who are directly affected by U.S. foreign policy, grassroots leaders and peace activists, artists, academics and independent analysts. In addition, Democracy Now! hosts real debates–debates between people who substantially disagree, such as between the White House or the Pentagon spokespeople on the one hand, and grassroots activists on the other.
To Dream Network - Support network forum assisting people in health care, senior citizen, political prisoners, veteran, veterans administration, injured worker, political issues, Iraq, Afghanistan war, information assistance resources.
the Dream - The American Dream Movement is growing stronger by the day, and it’s not going away until we can find jobs, afford to go to college, retire with dignity, and secure a future for our children and our communities.
Voters Injured at Work
- Help to put Light on this issue which is needed to Protect Injured Workers and restore the objective of providing Respect and Dignity to our Injured Workers and their Families.
Nuclear - Beyond Nuclear aims to educate and activate the public about the connections between nuclear power and nuclear weapons and the need to abandon both to safeguard our future. Beyond Nuclear advocates for an energy future that is sustainable, benign and democratic. The Beyond Nuclear team works with diverse partners and allies to provide the public, government officials, and the media with the critical information necessary to move humanity toward a world beyond nuclear.
Concerned Citizens for Nuclear Safety
- CCNS is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that was founded in 1988 because of community concerns about nuclear waste transportation from the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), the nation's oldest nuclear weapons production facility, to the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant
(WIPP), the nation's first permanent nuclear weapons waste repository. CCNS has since evolved into a nationally recognized organization known for research, litigation, public education, community outreach and organizing on a range of nuclear safety issues.
Veterans for Common Sense
- Veterans for Common Sense (VCS) was formed in August 2002 as a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization by war veterans who believe that we, the people of the United States of America, are most secure when our country is free, strong, and responsibly engaged with the world. Our mission, based on the pragmatic ideals of the American patriot Thomas Paine, is to raise the unique and powerful voices of veterans so that our military, veterans, freedom, and national security are protected and enhanced, for ourselves and for future generations.
Post - The Internet Newspaper - News - Blogs -
- A fighter for the rights of Americans, and all people of
the world. As a film producer Michael opens our eyes to Real
Truths, keeps it simple! Truth should not be
complicated. Michael Moore; Author/Film
-Our mission at Truthout is one of education aimed at perpetuating and strengthening our American democracy. We are committed to making available a broad range of political news and editorial analysis. This central theme is the driving force behind everything we do. And even though we acknowledge that not everyone will agree with all of the decisions we make, we have Jefferson's faith that a citizenry well-informed by an independent and free press will be better able to make wise decisions for themselves in the support of our democratic institutions and principles.
Stop the War Coalition
- The aim of the Coalition should be very simple: to stop the war currently declared by the United States and its allies against 'terrorism'. We condemn the attacks on New York and we feel the greatest compassion for those who lost their life on 11th September 2001. But any war will simply add to the numbers of innocent dead, cause untold suffering, political and economic instability on a global scale, increase racism and result in attacks on civil liberties.
Against Fox - Fox is a Republican mouthpiece masquerading as a neutral "fair and balanced" news source. Democrats would never let Rush Limbaugh moderate a debate as if he were neutral or credible, so why on earth should they let Fox?
MoveOn.org - Democracy
In Action - The MoveOn family of organizations brings real Americans back into the political process. With over 3.2 million members across America – from carpenters to stay-at-home moms to business leaders – we work together to realize the progressive promise of our country. MoveOn is a service – a way for busy but concerned citizens to find their political voice in a system dominated by big money and big media.
The War Coalition - In the UK the Stop the War Coalition
has organized massive demonstrations against these wars
(Afghanistan and Iraq), in conjunction with the Campaign for
Nuclear Disarmament and the Muslim Association of Britain.
Today, we are campaigning to End the Occupation of Iraq and
to Stop the War on the Iraqi people.
Military Families Against the War
- Military Families Against the War is an organization of people directly affected by the war in Iraq. Our relatives and loved ones are members of the British
Armed Services. We are opposed to the continuing involvement of UK soldiers in a war that is based on lies.
Action - We donate maoney to progressive nonprofits, protect elections, campaign for change, and oppose the Iraq War.
We started TrueMajority in order to compound the power of
all those who believe in social justice, giving children a
decent start in life, protecting the environment, and
America working in cooperation with the world community.
Iraq Veterans Against the War
- From its inception, IVAW has called for: Immediate withdrawal of all occupying forces in Iraq;
Reparations for the human and structural damages Iraq has suffered, and stopping the corporate pillaging of Iraq so that their people can control their own lives and future; and
Full benefits, adequate healthcare (including mental health), and other supports for returning servicemen and women.
- ColorOfChange.org exists to strengthen Black America's political voice. Our goal is to empower our members—Black Americans and our allies—to make government more responsive to the concerns of Black Americans and to bring about positive political and social change for everyone.
Democracy for America
- Democracy for America is our nation's largest progressive political action community. With over 725,000 members nationwide, DFA is a grassroots powerhouse working to change our country and the Democratic Party from the bottom-up. We provide campaign training, organizing resources, and media exposure so our members have the power to support progressive issues and candidates up and down the ballot. Join us in the fight to take our country back!
Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America is the nation's first and largest group dedicated to the Troops and Veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the civilian supporters of those Troops and Veterans.
- an award-winning news magazine and online community that creates original journalism and amplifies the best of hundreds of other independent media sources. AlterNet's aim is to inspire action and advocacy on the environment, human rights and civil liberties, social justice, media, health care issues, and more.
Just Foreign Policy
- Just Foreign Policy is an independent and non-partisan
membership organization dedicated to reforming U.S. foreign
policy through coordinating the broad majority of Americans
to advocate their interests and values.
For America - Veterans for American
(VFA), also known as Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation (VVAF), is uniting a new generation of veterans with those from past wars to address the causes, conduct, and consequences of war.
Restore the Republic!
- “Restore the Republic!” is the cry from the lips of those Americans who have learned the truth about the land in which we live. It is the movement of those people to action to complete the call. It is real, it is organic, it is grassroots, it is the epicenter. It is the most powerful force for change our republic has ever seen.
FCNL - The Friends Committee on National Legislation
(FCNL) is the largest peace lobby in Washington, DC. Founded in 1943 by members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
- PEN American Center is the largest of the 141 centers of International PEN, the world’s oldest human rights organization and the oldest international literary organization. International PEN was founded in 1921 to dispel national, ethnic, and racial hatreds and to promote understanding among all countries.
Sojourners - Our mission is to articulate the biblical call to social justice, inspiring hope and building a movement to transform individuals, communities, the church, and the world.
- CODEPINK is a women-initiated grassroots peace and social justice movement working to end the war in Iraq, stop new wars, and redirect our resources into healthcare, education and other life-affirming activities. CODEPINK rejects the Bush administration's fear-based politics that justify violence, and instead calls for policies based on compassion, kindness and a commitment to international
Founded in 1981, Project On Government Oversight is an
independent nonprofit that investigates and exposes
corruption and other misconduct in order to achieve a more
accountable federal government.
- We did it! We reached a million!, 1014935 the number of people who have already voted in the referendum to Impeach Bush!
Campaign - The Courage Campaign is an online organizing network approaching 100,000 members that empowers grassroots and netroots activists to make this a new era for progressive politics in California.
- Consumer Reports® and ConsumerReports.org® are published by Consumers Union, an expert, independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves.
Working Families e-Activist Network - The Working Families Network
(WFN) is a network of unions that utilize the Internet to get timely news updates and information to those interested in issues concerning America's workers.
Oil Change USA
- Follow the money, who's in bed with Big Oil?
ACLU - The mission of the ACLU is to preserve our First Amendment rights, our right to equal protection under the law, our right to due process,
and our right to privacy.
United Farm Workers
- Founded in 1962 by Cesar Chavez, the United Farm Workers of America is the nation's first successful and largest farm workers union currently active in 10 states. The UFW continues to organize in major agricultural industries across the nation.
Rights at Work - Advancing Democracy in the American
Workplace. Since 2003, American Rights at Work has informed the American public about the struggle to win workplace democracy for nurses, cooks, computer programmers, retail cashiers, and a variety of workers who we all depend on every day. Our vision is a nation where the freedom of workers to organize unions and bargain collectively with employers is guaranteed and promoted.
IWT-The Real News
- The Real News Network is a television news and documentary network focused on providing independent and uncompromising journalism.
Our staff, in collaboration with courageous journalists around the globe, will investigate, report and debate stories on the critical issues of our times.
We are member supported and do not accept advertising, government or corporate funding.
- MediaLeft is a politically and culturally focused media collective who's mission is to develop and facilitate online presence for groups and individuals, working through the arts and politics, to develop an active and effective advocacy on the web.
Public Campaign Action Fund
- Public Campaign Action Fund is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to improving America’s campaign finance laws. We help enact, defend, and promote Clean Elections-style public financing in states around the country like Arizona and Maine, and advocate for similar legislation for all federal elections.
American Freedom Campaign
- The American Freedom Campaign Agenda will work to restore the roles of Congress and the federal judiciary to protect against injustice and prevent abuses of executive power.
For Peace - The organization includes men and women veterans of all eras and duty stations including from the Spanish Civil War (1936-39), World War II, the Korean, Vietnam, Gulf and current Iraq wars as well as other conflicts. Our collective experience tells us wars are easy to start and hard to stop and that those hurt are often the innocent. Thus, other means of problem solving are necessary.
Americans United For Change
- Americans United For Change is a powerful movement bringing together independent voices for new policy priorities and real leadership - to focus our elected officials on the issues that really matter to the lives of everyday Americans and get America moving in the right direction again.
Jobs with Justice
- Jobs with Justice engages workers and allies in campaigns to win justice in workplaces and in communities where working families live. JwJ was founded in 1987 with the vision of lifting up workers’ rights struggles as part of a larger campaign for economic and social justice. We believe in long-term multi-issue coalition building , grassroots base-building and organizing and strategic militant action as the foundation for building a grassroots movement, and we believe that by engaging a broad community of allies, we can win bigger
Global Research.ca - Center for research on Globalization
- The Centre for Research on Globalisation (CRG) is an independent research organization and media group of writers, scholars, journalists and activists.
The CRG is based in Montreal. It is a registered non profit organization in the province of Quebec, Canada.
Sustainability Education Network
(SEN) is determined to awaken and empower mankind to avert the catastrophic exhaustion of resources inevitable in the lifetime of our children if we fail to change our course.
- Our team of marine scientists, economists, lawyers and
advocates win specific and concrete policy changes to reduce
pollution and to prevent the irreversible collapse of fish
populations, marine mammals and other sea life.
Defense Fund - Environmental issues; We start with rigorous science. Then we work directly with businesses, government and communities.
Together, we create lasting solutions to the most serious environmental problems.
Fish Conservation Network - The Marine Fish Conservation Network (Network) is the largest national coalition solely dedicated to promoting the long-term sustainability of marine fish. With more than 190 members - including environmental organizations, commercial and recreational fishing associations, aquariums, and marine science groups - the Network uses its distinct voice and the best available science to educate policymakers, the fishing industry, and the public about the need for sound conservation and better management practices.
- The We Campaign is a project of The Alliance for Climate Protection -- a nonprofit, nonpartisan effort founded by Nobel laureate and former Vice President Al Gore. The goal of the Alliance is to build a movement that creates the political will to solve the climate crisis -- in part through
re-powering America with 100 percent of its electricity from clean energy sources within 10 years. Our economy, national security, and climate can’t afford to wait.
Wilderness Society - We're spirited people protecting America's Wilderness since 1935 through the potent combination of science, advocacy and education. Our Mission: To protect wilderness and inspire Americans to care for our wild places. What We Do: We bring to bear our scientific expertise, analysis and bold advocacy at the highest levels to save, protect and restore America's wilderness areas.
-Bioneers is inspiring a shift to live on Earth in ways that honor the web of life, each other and future generations. Founded in 1990, Bioneers promotes practical environmental solutions and innovative social strategies for restoring Earth’s imperiled ecosystems and healing our human communities.
Defense Fund - Founded in 1967 as the Environmental Defense Fund, we tackle the most serious environmental problems with:
strong science, innovative markets, corporate partnerships,
effective laws and policy.
NRDC - The Natural Resources Defense Council works to protect wildlife and wild places and to ensure a healthy environment for all life on earth.
Center for Biological Diversity
- The Center for Biological Diversity works through science, law, and creative media to secure a future for all species, great or small, hovering on the brink of extinction.
Food & Water Watch
- is a nonprofit consumer organization that works to ensure clean water and safe food. We challenge the corporate control and abuse of our food and water resources by empowering people to take action and by transforming the public consciousness about what we eat and drink.
Audubon Society - Audubon's mission is to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife, and their habitats for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity.
Humane Society of the
US - We work to reduce suffering and to create meaningful social change for animals by advocating for sensible public policies, investigating cruelty and working to enforce existing laws, educating the public about animal issues, joining with corporations on behalf of animal-friendly policies, and conducting hands-on programs that make ours a more humane world.
- Earthjustice is a non-profit public interest law firm dedicated to protecting the magnificent places, natural resources, and wildlife of this earth, and to defending the right of all people to a healthy environment. We bring about far-reaching change by enforcing and strengthening environmental laws on behalf of hundreds of organizations, coalitions and communities.
- Greenpeace proves every day that ordinary people can accomplish extraordinary things.
It was a group of thoughtful, committed citizens that came together in 1971 to create
Greenpeace. A handful of determined activists leased a small fishing vessel, called the Phyllis
Cormack, and set sail from Vancouver for Amchitka Island in Alaska. Their mission was to protest U.S. nuclear testing off the coast of Alaska with a brave act of defiance: to place themselves in harm’s way. Despite being intercepted by the U.S. Coast Guard, these daring activists sailed into history by bringing worldwide attention to the dangers of nuclear testing.
National Parks Conservation Association
- Our Mission: To protect and enhance America's National Parks for present and future generations.
Friends of the Earth
- At Friends of the Earth, you will find a group of
committed people who fight daily for a healthy and just
Sierra Club - The Sierra Club's members and supporters are more than 1.3 million of your friends and neighbors. Inspired by nature, we work together to protect our communities and the planet. The Club is America's oldest, largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization.
Fund for Animal Welfare - The International Fund for Animal Welfare works to improve animal welfare, prevent animal cruelty and abuse, protect wildlife and provide animal rescue around the world. From stopping the elephant ivory trade, to ending the Canadian seal hunt and saving the whales from extinction, IFAW works to create solutions that benefit both animals and people.
Rhino Foundation - In 1993, in response to the escalating crisis facing all five rhino species, the International Black Rhino Foundation evolved into the International Rhino Foundation (IRF) and expanded its mission to encompass all five species. The IRF is involved in programs both in nature and in captivity, both of which IRF believes are critical for the survival of rhinos. The IRF focuses on the species most in need of, and most appropriate for, intensive protection and management.
PDA, Healthcare not Warfare
- Progressive Democrats of America was founded in 2004 to transform the Democratic Party and our country. We seek to build a party and government controlled by citizens, not corporate elites -- with policies that serve the broad public interest, not just private interests.
Citizens for Health
- Citizens for Health is the national nonprofit consumer advocacy group working to broaden health care options, create an integrative health system based on wellness, and advance the freedom to make health choices. We promote the fundamental policies needed to improve health choices and information in the U.S. and the world.
Alliance for Democracy
- THE ALLIANCE is a new Populist movement --- not a political party --- setting forth to end the domination of our economy, our government, our culture, our media and the environment by large corporations. THE ALLIANCE brings people together to build a progressive populist movement to end the corporate domination of our economy, our government, our culture, our media and the environment. It is time to end corporate rule.
- Habitat for Humanity International is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. HFHI seeks to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.
Children's Defense Fund
- Seeks to ensure that children have a successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities.
- Amnesty International is a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognized human rights for all.
Care - CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.
People For the American Way
- People For the American Way is dedicated to making the promise of America real for every American: Equality. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. The right to seek justice in a court of law. The right to cast a vote that counts. The American Way.
Rights First - Human Rights First is a non-profit, nonpartisan international human rights organization dedicated to building respect for human rights and the rule of law. Human Rights First does not support or oppose any candidate for public office.
American Red Cross
- Since its founding in 1881 by visionary leader Clara Barton, the American Red Cross has been the nation's premier emergency response organization. As part of a worldwide movement that offers neutral humanitarian care to the victims of war, the American Red Cross distinguishes itself by also aiding victims of devastating natural disasters. Over the years, the organization has expanded its services, always with the aim of preventing and relieving suffering.
Rights Watch - Human Rights Watch is dedicated to protecting the human rights of people around the world. We stand with victims and activists to prevent discrimination, to uphold political freedom, to protect people from inhumane conduct in wartime, and to bring offenders to justice. We investigate and expose human rights violations and hold abusers accountable. We challenge governments and those who hold power to end abusive practices and respect international human rights law. We enlist the public and the international community to support the cause of human rights for all.